As a network marketer, one of the most important activities you should always be doing is expanding your market. One of the best ways to do that online is on Social Networking sites. Social Networking sites offer a place for you to connect and reach out to potential prospects at no cost to you. But how do you make social networking work for you?
Here are 5 tips for successful social networking:
1. Identify Your Target Market – A successful marketing strategy starts with knowing where your target market is. Once you’ve identified which social networking sites you want to participate in, you can dig a little deeper and zero-in on your target market. If you’re a network marketer, and your target market is other network marketers, you can find groups (or sub-groups) where other network marketers will most likely be a part of. For example, if you decide to participate on Facebook, you can search for network marketing groups (or fan pages) to join. If your target market is business owners, you can search for and join groups that business owners will be in. It wouldn’t make sense to join groups that consists of pet-owners if that’s not your target market. Speaking to the WRONG group of people will get you nowhere.
2. Give First – People do business with people they know, like and trust. It’s critical to give value FIRST to your target market. Giving helpful information and branding yourself as an expert will cause people to remember you. Trying to pitch your product or business, without giving value first, can be viewed by your audience as spamming and most likely get you ignored.
3. Make A Long Term Commitment – connecting with people and building trust doesn’t happen overnight. It takes time to build relationships. Don’t get discouraged if you don’t see results overnight. Just keep participating and giving value. You WILL make connections.
4. Be Consistent – You may think that not participating for a few weeks on the social networking sites you chose is not a big deal but it is. Your market needs to know you’re around. With so much information being thrown at them, it’s easy for them to forget you. Decide how much time you’re willing to spend networking on your site and stick to it.
5. Get To Know People – Sharing content is important but it’s not enough. It’s important to have conversations and chat back and forth with people. If possible, pick up the phone and shoot an “online friend” a call to introduce yourself offline. Showing someone you’re interested in them as a person, and not just a dollar sign, can go a long way. Obviously, you’re not going to be able to do this with EVERY connection you have, but it’s good to connect with some people outside of the internet world.
Participating in social networking sites to connect with new people and build your network marketing business works. But you have to make a long term commitment in order to reap the results.